Attaching Documents to Messages
In some cases, there will be documents that users wish to share with others through Cloud Communication messages. The ability to attach documents to messages allows ussers to do this.
Customers can decide to turn on or off the usage of the Attachment feature.
This is done in the Portal > Cloud Comm > Card Settings form.
Figure 1 - Configuration
- Only tenant admins or Cloud Comm admins will see the Configuration section.
- When turned on, users will have the option to add attachments to Cloud Communication messages.
- When turned off, the option to add attachments will not be visible to users.
Documents that can be shared as attachments are those that are uploaded to the Portal > Resources > Files form.
Figure 2 - Uploading documents
- Users with tenant admin or resource admin rights have access to upload documents.
- Documents uploaded as file resources will be available to be attached to Cloud Communication messages.
When composing new messages the Choose Documents option will be available. Upon selection of this option a dialog window will show allowing the user to select one or more documents to attach.
Figure 3 - Choose Documents option
Figure 4 - Document selection dialog
Attached documents will show up as links in the Cloud Communication card.
Note: clients must be on version 3.10.1 or later for attachment links to work. Earlier versions will not be able to open the links.
Figure 5 - Document attached in the compose form
Figure 6 - Message card with attachment
Figure 7 - Message with attachment
It is possible to remove an attachment from an existing message. In the Portal > Cloud Comm > Messages form you select Edit on the message a user wants to remove the attachment from. In the Edit dialog, just hover the mouse over the attachment and select Remove. Then Save the message. The attachment will be removed from the existing cards.
Figure 8 - Remove attachment from existing message