Configuring Summary Cutoff
When writing new Cloud Communication messages the system will automatically generate a summary card that consists of a cutoff version of the text. The summary text will take a configurable amount of characters from the text. A configurable text is added to the end of the text to show it was cut off.
The text that is added to the end of the text which will create the summary card is configurable. It can be saved for the different languages that the Limeade ONE platform supports.
Configure the text in the “Portal > Cloud Communications > Card Settings form.
- The configuration panel shows only for tenant admins and Cloud Comm admins
- The text entered can contain BBCode tags, as shown in the image above
- If no text is specified, the default will be: …[br][br][u]Read More[/u]
- Different text for each language can be specified. When entering text for a different language, it must be saved before changing to a different language again
The effect of these configuration options can be seen when writing a new cloud communications message. Once the message is greater in length then the configured cutoff length, the summary card will have be cut off and the text will be appended at the end.
The above is taken from the Portal > Cloud Comm > New Message form. Here, the cut-off text is being applied to the summary card.
The summary card is, by default, generated from the text of the message. It will cut off after a specified number of characters; this number can be configured.
The text can be configured in the Portal > Cloud Communication > Card Settings form.
- The configuration panel shows only for tenant admins and Cloud Comm admins.
- The default value is set at 400 characters.
When composing a new message, the number of characters that it takes before the summary card is auto-generated will be affected by this setting. The options will to automatically generate the summary text shows up only after the number of characters specified in this option has been exceeded.
Above, the configuration was set to 200 and the text was cut off at 200 characters.