Instructions to Troubleshoot a Fitbit Connection
There can be instances when a Fitbit is connected to the site, but none or not all of a user's activity data is syncing.
This can be caused by but is not limited to the following reasons
- Limeade is not authorized to sync activity data
- The device is not connected to a device enabled activity
- No activity has been synced from the device to the Fitbit account
- The wrong Fitbit account is synced with the Wellness platform
Please be sure to carefully follow each of the steps outlined below to resolve this issue
- Log into the platform
- Click on the Device icon at the top of the page and select the device connection
- Click Disconnect for the Fitbit Tracker
- Go to the Home page and open the device enabled activity. Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the challenge. Click Remove from My Plan
- Note that if on a team in this challenge, please skip this step
- Points already earned for this challenge will not be lost
- Sign out of the platform
- Log into Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
- Click the Sprocket icon and choose Settings
- Click the Applications tab. If there is no Applications tab, skip to step 10
- Limeade should appear as an authorized app. Click Revoke Access
- Click the Personal Info tab. Check to make sure that the email address for the account matches the email address being used to connect the device to the Wellness platform
- Click the Dashboard tab. Depending on settings, the Dashboard may look a little different. Check to make sure the activity from the device is syncing with the account
- Log out of Fitbit
- Log back into the platform
- Click on the Device icon and select Connect a Device
- Click + Connect next to the Fitbit Tracker
- The user should be asked to authorize their Fitbit device. There are two types of authorization prompts that might be sent
- If successfully logged out of a Fitbit account, this type of authorization will be seen. Please be sure to enter the email address and password for the account associated in step 13
- If not successfully signed out of the Fitbit account, this type of authorization will be seen. Please be sure the email address matches the account associated with step 13
- Go back to the Home page and re-join the device enabled challenge. Click the challenge tile to open the challenge and then click Join Now. The Fitbit should now show as connected to the challenge
Note that based on how frequently a device carrier sends Limeade data, Limeade continuously updates a user's synced activity throughout the day. A final sync of the day’s activity is processed nightly at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST). After the steps above have been taken, please be sure to sync the Fitbit device with the associated Fitbit account. The Fitbit account will sync with the Wellness platform overnight. Please check the Wellness platform the following day to ensure that the activity is syncing correctly.
- If a user manually tracks their activity in Fitbit, they must add Duration Time to the activity. If the Duration Time was not added, the activity will not sync with the Limeade platform.
Possible Errors When Connecting
- Be sure the Fitbit account has been confirmed via email.
- When initially setting up a Fitbit account, the user should have received an email to confirm the account. Please be sure to have confirmed the Fitbit account via that email.
- Connect to the Limeade site through a private browsing window.
- Open a private browsing or incognito browsing window. Once the window is open, go ahead and connect to the Limeade site and take the steps to connect a Fitbit device. This will allow a user to type in their Fitbit account information, instead of the web browser automatically filling this in.
- Fitbit Authorization.
- When prompted to authorize a Fitbit, please be sure that activity, exercise and profile are checked. If these are not checked, then a user will not be able to connect a Fitbit. Limeade does not use this information, but it is necessary to Allow so that a full connection is made.